Welcome! I am excited to showcase some of our school's hard work and projects that integrate the use of technology. I also hope that you find any information and resources I post helpful as you continue to strive to make technology a seamless part of your day to day teaching and learning.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Thing What?

Thinglink...heard of it?  Apparently it's been around awhile and I am just now finding out about it. This is another great tool which will be placed in my "go to" toolbox for transforming teaching and learning in the classroom.  A thinglink is and interactive image tagged with Weblinks, audio, video, images or text.  I created a super basic thinglink below to share with my staff at our "Tech Talk" tomorrow morning.  Of course...after I came up with the idea to create a thinglink about thinglink I then came across others already created - should have known!!  You can find a slew of thinglinks created for all age groups and subjects by browsing their site.  This tool can be used to pre-teach, teach or assess.   Who needs a textbook when a teacher can create a thinglink filled with handpicked, relevant resources/information that meets their students needs.  Howard Gardner would be proud - think of all the modes of learning that can be met with this one tool.

If you haven't heard of thinglink then hop and board and try it for yourself.  I would list all of the different ways that it can be used, but honestly the ways are endless.  If you need a little inspiration search thinglinks, think about your objectives and plan how you can use this to create a more student-centered classroom.

Enjoy!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment