Welcome! I am excited to showcase some of our school's hard work and projects that integrate the use of technology. I also hope that you find any information and resources I post helpful as you continue to strive to make technology a seamless part of your day to day teaching and learning.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Learning Playlists

Earlier this winter I attended the ICE conference and noticed that many presenters were using a Web tool called MentorMob.  As soon as I saw it I knew that it was something that I wanted to try out.  MentorMob is a free tool that allows you to create learning playlists.  What is a learning playlist you ask...well watch the short video below.



These playlists can include articles, websites, videos, images and even quizzes.  It allows you to create a space to compile resources for students to use during a research project or for an introduction to a unit or for that matter a whole unit.  You can use the space to collect digital projects to share with family, friends or the community.  I think it is a great tool to use to create a more student centered learning environment.  Best of all they can easily be embedded into websites, blogs or learning management systems (ie. Edmodo).
I recently started a collection of resources for our third grade teachers to use in their class.  They are starting a unit on Canada and Mexico and their relationship to us.  Instead of the teachers standing in front of the class sharing information about the two countries for the next few weeks, the kids will visit the playlist, collect their own information and then create an eBook sharing what they learned.  The teachers are then freed up to facilitate as needed and teach the more difficult to understand information. Take a peek at the start of our playlist!



Create your own Playlist on MentorMob!

2 comments:

  1. Love this idea! Can we do it next year to prepare for the Ellis Island Experience?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I could have sworn I've been to this website before but after reading through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
    Anyhow, I'm definitely happy I found it and I'll be book-marking and checking back often!


    Here is my weblog Mens Diets - -

    ReplyDelete