Welcome! I am excited to showcase some of our school's hard work and projects that integrate the use of technology. I also hope that you find any information and resources I post helpful as you continue to strive to make technology a seamless part of your day to day teaching and learning.

Monday, April 8, 2013

Running Records and iPads...

Tired of papers piling up on your desk, having trouble finding time to score your running records...?

Well, this app is for you!  


My colleague was introduced to Record of Reading in her graduate class and she was sold.  This app is an exact replica of a running record form - except it is digital!  It allows you to take a running record using your iPad (more efficient if you use a stylus) and then it scores it for you - all of the formulas are embedded within the app.  It also allows you to record the student reading, so you can replay it if needed.  Once the record is calculated you can then email it in PDF form to yourself or better yet couple this app with Evernote and organize all of your running records in one place - you can go completely paperless!    BEST OF ALL....IT'S FREE!





2 comments:

  1. This is one of my top app priorities for the rest of the school year. I think it will help me take more accurate running records and also help keep track of the records. (You know how papers can get away from me.) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very exciting time to be an educator, indeed! I was aiming to be paperless this year... didn't work out for me with my students as they are just 5 and sometimes paper is best for them; however, my own bank of tools for 'paperless teaching' has stemmed from great apps like this one! So glad others are finding it as useful as I have!

    ReplyDelete