Welcome! I am excited to showcase some of our school's hard work and projects that integrate the use of technology. I also hope that you find any information and resources I post helpful as you continue to strive to make technology a seamless part of your day to day teaching and learning.

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Name that Book! Mystery Book Skyping

  

All of this Mystery Skyping has got me thinking! We all want our kids to read more, right? And comprehend it, remember details, be able to retell...what if we participated in a Mystery Book Skype, "Name that Book".
Two classes partner up and select 5-10 books to read over a period of time - could be picture books or Jr. Novels - then each class chooses a book that they want as their mystery book. During the Skype each class asks questions about the books and try to figure out the "mystery book". I think this would be a fun way to reflect on all of the books and remember the details.During the process the classes could be creating story maps (or other tools) to organize the details and then use them during the Skype. I also thought it would be fun to have a discussion board created where the kids can share their reactions and thoughts about the stories with one another.If anyone might be interested in this activity please fill out the Google Doc I provided or click on the link to Skype below.


No comments:

Post a Comment