Welcome! I am excited to showcase some of our school's hard work and projects that integrate the use of technology. I also hope that you find any information and resources I post helpful as you continue to strive to make technology a seamless part of your day to day teaching and learning.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Get Students Engaged in Writing!

Every heard of BoomWriter?  It sounds like a very cool Web tool that I think will engage all types of learners.  

BoomWriter in a nutshell is an online storytelling application that presents the first part of a story and then leaves the next part up to the students.  After the students write each of their chapters, they are submitted and then the other participants read all of the submissions and vote on the best one.  The best part is that the writing is anonymous so the students are voting solely on the written work, not who wrote it!!

Take a peek at the video below - it gives a much better introduction!

Keep me posted if anyone tries this out in their school  :-)



2 comments:

  1. This sounds fun! Maybe we can give it a try after the state project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this will get students excited about writing! I like it. Thanks, Jen!

    ReplyDelete