Welcome! I am excited to showcase some of our school's hard work and projects that integrate the use of technology. I also hope that you find any information and resources I post helpful as you continue to strive to make technology a seamless part of your day to day teaching and learning.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Classroom Management

I am sure some of you have heard of these apps before, but I am finally making use of them!  SplashTop 2 and Mobile Mouse Pro (or the lite version, free) are two iPad apps that you can use to either remote access your computer's content (SplashTop 2) or use as a mobile remote/trackpad (Mobile Mouse).
I have both on my iPad and feel that both can be used to enhance and mange your instruction in your classroom.  How many of you have an IWB (interactive whiteboard) in your classroom and find yourself facing that and turning your back to the classroom during instruction?  How many of you use presentation programs (prezi, powerpoint...) in your classroom and find yourself at your computer trying to control it.
These two apps will allow you to access your computer's content or control the presentation from anywhere in the room.  We all know that many times you have a student during a lesson that will need your assistance, but you find yourself at the IWB writing and can't get over there!  These apps will help in managing your classroom and meeting your students' needs.
Visit their websites to learn more about each app, so you can decide, which one would best match your needs or maybe you want both too!  I have also embedded videos that give an overview/demo of SplashTop 2 and Mobile Mouse Pro.

(Click images to view websites)
                                                                                   


2 comments:

  1. I plan on trying them both this week to see if I prefer one. Thank you for all of the great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to come by and video tape your class in action!

      Delete