Welcome! I am excited to showcase some of our school's hard work and projects that integrate the use of technology. I also hope that you find any information and resources I post helpful as you continue to strive to make technology a seamless part of your day to day teaching and learning.

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Learn From Others....

As an educator I am always looking for new, innovative and effective ways to teach lessons.  I have  had many opportunities to go to conferences, workshops and schools to learn exciting approaches and techniques.  I can say without a doubt that I learn most when I see something in action!  Unfortunately, sometimes the life of a teacher makes it very difficult to leave the classroom and take the time to visit other schools or classrooms to observe the variety of teaching styles and techniques being used.  Why  not take professional development into your own hands...

I came across this website today that thrilled me!  The Teaching Channel houses a variety of videos on teaching in action.  It is organized by subject, grade and topic to make your searching easy.  They even have a section dedicated to common core aligned lessons.  The teachers that are in the videos are from all across our American schools and are considered highly effective and innovative educators.

I would highly recommend taking a peek at some videos; you may become inspired to try something new!

You can also sign up for their weekly newsletter, which will remind you to visit the site once in a while or follow them on twitter...@TeachingChannel

Watch the introductory video below...



No comments:

Post a Comment