Welcome! I am excited to showcase some of our school's hard work and projects that integrate the use of technology. I also hope that you find any information and resources I post helpful as you continue to strive to make technology a seamless part of your day to day teaching and learning.

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Interactive Math Manipulatives

This math resource was shared on a blog that I stumbled upon and I am so excited to share it with you.  McGraw Hill Education has designed an online interactive "Math Toolbox", as the other teacher likes to call it.  You have the ability to select your grade (PreK-8) and then choose from a variety of game boards, story boards or workmats.  There are also many manipulatives to choose from and a text tool that the teacher can use to create a problem for the students to work out.  I also think this would be a great tool for students to use to create a problem to show you their understanding of a concept.
Here is an example of a background a kindergarten teacher created (1) and then the student used the manipulatives and pen to solve it (2).

1.

2.


This would be a great resource to use on the SMARTBoard as a whole group or on the laptops for independent work or partner work.  Click here to try it out!!

Enjoy and I hope you find this site useful!




1 comment:

  1. I've already used this for helping to teach renaming numbers and place value. There is no log in and it is easy to switch between manipulatives and mats. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete